1. Before we get going, tell us a little about yourself, hobbies, likes, etc? Think of it as a personal ad for the Internet.RA: My foremost hobby is sex, uh, reading. I love to read and engage in adventurous stories, science fiction, and fantasy, though romance have to be a major part of the storyline. Mystery is also a favorite. I guess I like all genres.
2. What is the most challenging about writing erotic romance?
RA: The most challenging aspect of writing erotic romance is keeping it fresh. As in a relationship, sex can become stale, mundane and boring. Keeping that aspect of the writing relatively diverse, is quite challenging. Another challenging part of writing is creating heroines that appeal to the masses. Perhaps appeal isn’t the correct word, but I guess I want heroines that are realistic and believable.
3. You write interracial romance. Why?
RA: I write interracial romance for one solid reason, I’m in an interracial relationship. My husband is white and our love is the one I see most often, have experience with and cherish. It isn’t the only relationship I’ve experienced in my ahem, many years but it is the one I look on with the most favor, the one I think of when I hear happily ever after.
4. Are you obsessed with ménage a trios?
RA: Excuse me? Me? Obsessed with ménage a trios? Uh, no. It wasn’t until I met you, Shara, that the word even entered my vocabulary. I’m kidding! No, I’m not obsessed with ménage a trios, but I do think that when there’s three people trying to hash out a relationship and find love, it’s even more dynamic than when there’s two. Interviewer's Note: Very well said. I personally just love French phrases...Yep, that's my story.
5. Who would you pick to sit in a hot tub naked with?
RA: I would pick Joaquin Phoenix to be naked in the hot tub with! No doubt, no hesitation, he is the hottest man ALIVE! No, no, Brad Pitt won’t do!
6. What inspired you to begin writing?
RA: My mother spent every waking moment scribbling on paper when I was a young child. She always held writers in high esteem and as an avid reader, writing came naturally. As far back as I can remember, I can recall creating stories in my head to help my go to sleep at night—even before I could write.
7. What is your writing process? Do you outline, fly by the seat of your pants or a combination of both? Do you use mood music, candles, no noise, when you write?
RA: It depends. I write outline for longer works, like my novels or my series (Humania and IGO). Most of my novellas and short stories are crafted from the seat of my pants and intensive revisions.
8. What do you feel is the most important aspect for all new authors to remember when writing or creating their own stories? Any advice for aspiring authors?
RA: For new authors the most enduring aspect of writing they should remember is to not give up and you absolutely must have something to say. Don’t enter this for the money…there isn’t any.
9. What authors do you enjoy? What’s in your TBR pile?
RA: The authors I enjoy are Marilyn Lee, Sabrina Luna, Bridget Midway, Beverly Johnson, Angela Knight, Sue Grafton, and Stephen King.
10. Do you have other WIP’s you want to get published? Can we get a taste of what is to come from you in the future? Or tell us about what you have out now in the past.RA: One thing that’s coming up from Shara and I is the upcoming African American cowboy anthology, BLACK ROOTS. It includes three stories of African American cowboys in the past, present and future. My contribution is the futuristic story, ASHES OF LUST, which is interracial and deals with an IGO commander, Sydney Ashe and her love affair with a space cowboy.
Now for some true fun…
11. Chocolate or champagne? Champagne.
12. Boxers or briefs? Boxers!
13. Lingerie or cotton comfort? Cotton Comfort. I have three kids and well, lingerie doesn’t kick it anymore.
14. Guilty pleasure? My guilty pleasure is that I sometimes eat cereal for a midnight snack.15. Favorite spot to visit in the world. London.
Read more about RaeLynn and check out all her books!
My favorite RaeLynn book (besides the ones we did together of course!)Thelma’s Eatery http://www.whiskeycreekpresstorrid.com/chapters/ThelmasEatery_RaeLynnBlue.shtml