Sunday, December 30, 2007
Who is her stalker or is it her secret admirer?
Find out with Anchors Away as you will be hooked.
Commander Ian Stewart has had his eye on Adanna Ingles for over a year. Unfortunately, she is enlisted and works for him. Biding his time, Ian vows the moment she checks out of his division and off of their ship, she would be his.
Adanna Ingles has no idea she has a secret admirer. She plans on moving far away from San Diego the moment she is discharged and start a new life in Tacoma, Washington. Little does she know what waits for her at the end of the pier.
Are you brave enough to see what is at the end of the pier?
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Thursday, December 20, 2007
1. Before we get going, tell us a little about yourself, hobbies, likes, etc? Think of it as a personal ad for the Internet.RA: My foremost hobby is sex, uh, reading. I love to read and engage in adventurous stories, science fiction, and fantasy, though romance have to be a major part of the storyline. Mystery is also a favorite. I guess I like all genres.
2. What is the most challenging about writing erotic romance?
RA: The most challenging aspect of writing erotic romance is keeping it fresh. As in a relationship, sex can become stale, mundane and boring. Keeping that aspect of the writing relatively diverse, is quite challenging. Another challenging part of writing is creating heroines that appeal to the masses. Perhaps appeal isn’t the correct word, but I guess I want heroines that are realistic and believable.
3. You write interracial romance. Why?
RA: I write interracial romance for one solid reason, I’m in an interracial relationship. My husband is white and our love is the one I see most often, have experience with and cherish. It isn’t the only relationship I’ve experienced in my ahem, many years but it is the one I look on with the most favor, the one I think of when I hear happily ever after.
4. Are you obsessed with ménage a trios?
RA: Excuse me? Me? Obsessed with ménage a trios? Uh, no. It wasn’t until I met you, Shara, that the word even entered my vocabulary. I’m kidding! No, I’m not obsessed with ménage a trios, but I do think that when there’s three people trying to hash out a relationship and find love, it’s even more dynamic than when there’s two. Interviewer's Note: Very well said. I personally just love French phrases...Yep, that's my story.
5. Who would you pick to sit in a hot tub naked with?
RA: I would pick Joaquin Phoenix to be naked in the hot tub with! No doubt, no hesitation, he is the hottest man ALIVE! No, no, Brad Pitt won’t do!
6. What inspired you to begin writing?
RA: My mother spent every waking moment scribbling on paper when I was a young child. She always held writers in high esteem and as an avid reader, writing came naturally. As far back as I can remember, I can recall creating stories in my head to help my go to sleep at night—even before I could write.
7. What is your writing process? Do you outline, fly by the seat of your pants or a combination of both? Do you use mood music, candles, no noise, when you write?
RA: It depends. I write outline for longer works, like my novels or my series (Humania and IGO). Most of my novellas and short stories are crafted from the seat of my pants and intensive revisions.
8. What do you feel is the most important aspect for all new authors to remember when writing or creating their own stories? Any advice for aspiring authors?
RA: For new authors the most enduring aspect of writing they should remember is to not give up and you absolutely must have something to say. Don’t enter this for the money…there isn’t any.
9. What authors do you enjoy? What’s in your TBR pile?
RA: The authors I enjoy are Marilyn Lee, Sabrina Luna, Bridget Midway, Beverly Johnson, Angela Knight, Sue Grafton, and Stephen King.
10. Do you have other WIP’s you want to get published? Can we get a taste of what is to come from you in the future? Or tell us about what you have out now in the past.RA: One thing that’s coming up from Shara and I is the upcoming African American cowboy anthology, BLACK ROOTS. It includes three stories of African American cowboys in the past, present and future. My contribution is the futuristic story, ASHES OF LUST, which is interracial and deals with an IGO commander, Sydney Ashe and her love affair with a space cowboy.
Now for some true fun…
11. Chocolate or champagne? Champagne.
12. Boxers or briefs? Boxers!
13. Lingerie or cotton comfort? Cotton Comfort. I have three kids and well, lingerie doesn’t kick it anymore.
14. Guilty pleasure? My guilty pleasure is that I sometimes eat cereal for a midnight snack.15. Favorite spot to visit in the world. London.
Read more about RaeLynn and check out all her books!
My favorite RaeLynn book (besides the ones we did together of course!)Thelma’s Eatery http://www.whiskeycreekpresstorrid.com/chapters/ThelmasEatery_RaeLynnBlue.shtml
Wednesday, December 19, 2007
12. O.J.- For real, dude, go somewhere, sit down and shut the f$%#! up.
11. Dana Perino- How are you gonna be the Press Secretary for the freakin' President of the United States and not know about the Cuban Missile Crisis? I mean seriously? http://www.satiricalpolitical.com/?p=1278
10. Michael Jackson- What the hell, man...or, woman...or whatever?
9. Brittany Spears- Thought she would be close to the top of the list, huh? Nope! I can't waste that mush time on the child. Poor thing.
8. Kevin Federline- Because for real people, those kids are gonna need some kind of role model/parent. So let's all pray hard, because Brittany is, well, Brittany.
7. The United States Justice Department- I know, not a person, but...let us pray.
6. The United States Congress- Again, not a person but in desperate need of prayer...and a swift kick in the...
5. Amy Winehouse- Maybe it's time you say "Yes, yes, yes" to Rehab.
4. Alan Keyes- Why does this man keep running for crap? And who the hell keeps supporting him?
3. Tiffany "New York" Pollard- *sigh* If you don't know, maybe you need some prayer too.
2. George W. Bush- Go take a nap.
1. Sherri Shepherd of The View- Girl, shut up. Just stop talking because you make my head hurt.
There are many, many more that should have been on this list, but I managed to cut it down to 13. For those who didn't make the list-I am still praying for you!
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
You Are a Champagne Woman
A true mystery, no one can quite figure you out...
That is, until you start drinking. Then you tend to let loose.
You're fun to drink with, but it definitely takes you a few drinks to loosen up.
You prefer to date a man who likes the finer things in life... like a five star dinner with that champagne.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
1. A meeting is an event at which the minutes are kept and the hours are lost.
2. Don't ever be the first, don't ever be the last and don't ever volunteer for anything.
3. Don't force it-get a big hammer.
4. If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.
5. A little ignorance can go a long way...in the direction of maximum harm.
6. There are two theories to arguing with a woman -Neither one works.
7. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
8. Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.
9. Don't be irreplaceable. If you can't be replaced, you can't be promoted.
10. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
11. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put back in your pocket.
12.13. If you make a You Tube video saying how much Shara loves Fabio, revenge will be slow, painful and complete…
Opportunityalways knocks at the least opportune moment