Monday, March 16, 2009

Karma

Okay, so there have been a lot of things going on and I haven't been online much lately. As some of you may know, there was a terrible review of Georgie's Beau, which I completely accept as one of the possible things that can happen if you request a review. Seriously, for all of you who loved the or even just liked the book, thank you, your support means a lot to me. I wasn't so much upset about the review itself, well, not beyond the norm. It was some things that were added that really, really got to me. I am not going to waste my breath about how writers put a piece of themselves out there because it is a choice. I chose to write, therefore I chose to vulnerable to a certain extent. But sometimes things can get to you in ways that you never expected. This is what happened to me. I almost let someone steal my joy; the joy of writing, the joy of having people dig what comes out of my imagination, the joy of educating in some small way in my own way. I allowed someone else, someone I don't even know to pierce a tiny sliver of my soul. And why? Because I had forgotten a valuable lesson. Do not EVER expect more of people than they have shown you. I am not saying be a complete bitch and go for yours. No, that is not how I roll. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you-just don't expect that they will. And when they don't, don't be surprised. Viciousness and hatefulness is something that has always and will always be in the world until the end. There is nothing you can do about it, but be wary. As for me, well, I have learned, I have grown and now I must move on. For the past several weeks, I have hidden afraid if I stuck my head up it would be smacked down again, and that was cowardice on my part. No one can break me unless I give them permission. Will I lash out? No, what would be the point of that? Will I try to "get back" at the person or persons? Hell no! I have my life to live. Will I be more cautious? Absolutely! When someone shows you who they are, believe them. Believe them the first time. A real friend will show themselves to be just that. A sister, which is something far more dear, will hold you up when you can't do it for yourself. Do not waste time nor breath trying to make a friend or a sister out of someone incapable of those feelings. It's not worth it. I am okay now, not 100% but I am getting there. I want to thank you who stood by me, I want to give everyone who contacted me or defended me a huge kiss and a hug. I didn't expect it, but damn did I need it. And please, I know some are still mad about certain things on my behalf, don't be. Because in the end, I have faith and I believe-

Karma is a Bitch.

Shara

No comments: